9.21.2012

{Friday's Fancies} Fall Day to Night

Tomorrow is officially the first day of fall, and I am silly excited to welcome the season! Not only does it mean I'm ever closer to being a Mrs., but fall fashion makes this cold-natured gal very, very happy.

{Day} Necklace // Bag // Pumps
{Anchors} Studs // Blouse // Belt // Skinnies
{Night} Necklace // Clutch // Platforms

I am wearing pretty much this exact look today, which feels like a nice balance of autumn warmth and my staple neutrals. (A pop of color is about all I can handle without feeling like I'm on parade...or an actual parade.) To get in some QT before M heads out of town for a week-long shoot, we are going to have us a little dinner date tonight, which means I also wanted a look that would transition into the eve. (I am not a fan of sporting two different outfits in a single day, as I still can't seem to find me a laundry fairy.) I tucked in the blouse for a day at the office and kept it casual with a low, messy bun. Tonight, I'll roll up the pant hem a bit and throw on my fabulous Aroundtown kicks. I find that cuffed denim can keep a look contemporary and easy-going without seeming too overt, especially when it comes to skinnies and heels.

What is your trick for transitioning from day to evening?

Check out the other Fancies over at {long distance loving}. They're talking sports and stuff, but the looks are still fabulous as always.

5 comments:

  1. I love that pop of colour to brighten up an autumn day. The tan clutch and bag are both lovely too. http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting a top like that for a while now - i really need to take the plunge. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you put together!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just wanted to thank you so much for the sweet comments you've left me recently. knowing that you're praying for me really lifts some of the stress i've been feeling what feels like non-stop lately. i really, really appreciate your kind words - thank you! :)

    and i hope you've been enjoying your weekend. i really love the look you put together above - especially that color pop!

    ReplyDelete