10.31.2012

The Home Stretch to Mrs....

I'm not totally surprised that blogging fell by the wayside the closer we got to the wedding. I've had so much I wanted to update y'all on, but keeping the balance of productivity and peace has been tricky. I was sick all last week, which was my final wakeup call to stop trying to do it all, and rather focus on the moments. Everything will get done. It always does.

This season has been such a sweet one. In hindsight. Haha. There have been plenty of meltdowns in stress and frustration, unrealistic expectations unmet and many, many come to Jesus moments. So thankful for those, really. I feel so close to the Lord right now, and He has absolutely shrouded me in peace over the last week. I'm not nervous, not stressing anymore. Sure, there are still things to do. But He has blessed me with perspective in so many tiny ways, and has continued to shape my heart for the journey ahead with M.

Our family and friends have been incredible. My dear sister was working on our paper goods by camp lantern as she resides on the East Coast and was sans power in the wake of Sandy. Our jeweler somehow managed to get M's ring out of NYC in time for delivery this week. Pops sacrificed his Saturday to patch our aged fence so M's pup has a secure backyard to move into, while my soon-to-be brother has been crafting our outdoor lightscape in his precious spare evenings away from his family. My girls gave me a cherished night of laughter and silliness this past weekend as a send-off to marriage. And don't even get me started on my showers! An elegant high tea, salad and sangria at a California vineyard, and a Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired soiree...spoiled much? And that's not even the half of it, y'all. Constantly praying for and checking in on us, I can't imagine getting through these six months without everyone. And the best part is that it doesn't stop on Saturday; they're in our lives for keeps, God willing!

The wedding is Saturday. I'm going to be M's wife. I still don't know how it all happened, but I just smile when I think about the Lord's leading in all of this. He has given us each other to bring us closer to Him, and I'm so incredibly thankful for that gift.

6 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see you become a wifey this weekend! I can't wait to have you at my wedding too! We love you so much!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very, very exciting! I wish I could have made it out but since I wasn't able to...I'll be waiting on every little detail back here in Jersey.
    Congratulations on pulling everything together and making it "happen"!
    Best wishes to you and M for a beautiful day filled with love and laughter!
    Love ya Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!
    Enjoy the day :) It will be better than you ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting married!!! I am so exicted for you and M. God is so good. Enjoy your beautiful day surrounded by those that love you both! P.S. You are going to make a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaaaaaay! It's almost here! So happy for you Natalie :) GOD is definitely with you and you have the help of all of your loved ones. That's awesome girl! I can't wait to hear all about it. Have a beautiful day and enjoy!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to be a beautiful bride! Enjoy your day and soak it all in. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete