6.20.2010

[West Coast Road Trip] Day 3: Slowin' Down

I was a good little girl and went to church this morning to see our friend's dad deliver a wonderful sermon for Father's Day. Not gonna lie, I got pretty choked up during the service and had to step out for a moment. It is so odd the moments at which things hit me, but I guess there's no better place to have a mini breakdown than a church. Wouldn't be the first time.

We had a nice lunch, a little heart-to-heart about relationships and life in general, then spent some time walking around Fashion Island. We stopped for a breather at Rustica to enjoy mimosas and people watch. I about had a conniption every time an awesome dog walked by, which was quite frequent given that that is apparently the place to take one's pups on a Sunday afternoon.

After enjoying the signature Green Corn Tamales at El Cholo, I'm back at the condo and packing up for an early start up the coast. I'm heading out at 3:45am for a pit stop in Santa Barbara to grab breakfast with a dear ol' friend before making my way toward Sacramento for the evening.

Stay tuned tomorrow eve for a recap of my drive through California, though don't be surprised if you see a few Tweets now and again throughout the day (only when I'm off the road, of course!).

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see where the next leg of your trip brings you!!! (Chicken nail bites...well not really nail bites because thats gross)Eeeeppppp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveee Santa Barbara...my boyfriend's parents live there and I feel like we're on vacation whenever we just go to visit them. Let us know where you go to eat!

    ReplyDelete