12.03.2010

Friday I'm in Love

I stole this from AmericanBridget (Jones), who borrowed from {B is for...}, so suffice to say I'm having a Bloggy Love kinda day.


It's Friday and I'm in love with...

Hoodies.
Boy Meets Girl hoodie
Hoodies are just right for the not too hot-not too cold weather that tipifies "Winter" in the South.


Reason 497 why I love ATX. I found out about this awesome service last night from some lovely native Austinites. You can hop in one of these readily-available and sassy little put-puts placed all over the city using a credit card-like "key." The concept centers on convenience, practicality, enviromental friendliness, and happiness (free city parking AND driving what amounts to a glorified clown car!).

Skull/Dia de los Muertos art. I attended a magazine party last night at the Mexic-Arte Museum downtown, and the plethora of skulls and gorgeous Dia de los Muertos motifs sent me into sensory overdrive. (So much so that I almost took out a semi-attractive Aussie who bought a lovely piece right out from underneath me. That'll teach me to hit up the bar for one more free glass of red before pulling the trigger on a one-of-a-kind piece of art.)

Quirky incarnations of Alice.My most favorite tale has undergone many makeovers throughout the years. The offbeat ones absolutely steal my heart, and I can't get enough of them. I hope these modern and sometimes wacky interpretations continue to keep my Alice alive and fierce.

What do you heart?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you're doing this too!!!!! It's a fun series and I love reading about others who have posted their lovies.

    Thanks for the shout-out too!

    AmericanBridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hoodie! And I aboslutely love love love distorted fairy tale pictures. & I love this post! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart you biscuit. Oh, and ice cream. I want that hoodie, do they make it is tub-o-lard size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh i miss reading your posts! I'm glad your happy in austin and i LOVE those little cars! I want to move there like right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that hoodie! So unique and cute!

    ReplyDelete