12.07.2011

Winter Beauty Must-Haves

I'm the kind of gal who follows the exact same routine every morning. If I deviate at all, I am likely to forget a crucial step. Like deodorant. Or socks. I go into morning auto-pilot, and I prefer using the same beauty products day after day. Not just because I'm a loyal consumer like that (which I can be if I've got the funds), but because I know exactly how long it will take me to apply that sunscreen, that foundation, those eyeshadows, etc.

Thankfully, my skin is pretty temperate and I don't have to change my regimen much based on season. But when the temp drops, I do take on a few extra steps and switch out some of my staples to better prepare myself for making it through the winter without turning into a dry hot mess.


















Top row (L to R):
La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX SPF 15. Yes, you still need sunscreen if it's overcast and rainy. This moisturizing sunscreen doesn't smell, doesn't turn my face into an oil slick and has legit ingredients to truly protect your skin.

Clarisonic. These babies should be handed out to everyone with a face. Not only does using this system deliver a polished, clean feel, but it actually stimulates cell turnover for younger, healthy skin. (This also does wonders on those crusty chapped lips.)

NARS blush in Orgasm. There's a reason that this product shows up on everyone's must-have lists. The color is so flattering and gives a slight dewy look (sans disco glitter), which is perfect for livening up the drab skin that accompanies winter.

MAC eyeshadow in Amber Lights. Festive and classic, this shade compliments many eye shades and brightens up your whole face. Perfect for the office or holiday parties galore.

Bottom row (L to R):
Bobbi Brown face powder in Pale Yellow. Probably not the best choice for you tan gals, but this powder's yellow hue is perfect for counteracting the red, irritated appearance of fair skin when it's dry and sad. Works perfectly over my foundation (Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich Foundation) and doesn't leave me cakey or looking like I have jaundice (despite the color of the product).

Burt's Bees lip balm. I could bathe in this stuff. But I won't. Dry, chapped lips? Not a good look.

Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion. I could also bathe in this stuff. This moisturizer is rich enough to quench my skin for the season, but light enough to wear under makeup (before sunscreen, of course) if I desire. It is designed to combat irritation and calm the skin, while fortifying for younger, supple appearance.

Nivea Creme. I keep this luscious salve on my nightstand. Always a favorite stocking stuffer, a tub of this lotion lasts for months, smells lovely and keeps my hands hydrated like woah.

Bed Head After Party. The packaging may raise a few eyebrows so I'd stow this hair smoothing lotion in a cabinet. But nothing tames the winter flyaways better than this stuff. It keeps your tresses shiny and sleek without the stiffness of some other anti-static products.

This is just tip of the iceberg of my usual routine, but these are my faves so I had to share them with y'all.

What are your must-have products this time of year?


P.S. No one paid or compensated me in any way for saying this stuff. This is my honest opinion.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Nat! When you find a great product, stick with it! LOL I love my Clarisonic and saw a difference with my skin right away. I thought my face was clean, but until I got one I saw how much it wasn't. HAHA They're little miracle workers. I have that NARS blush, but haven't used it yet. I'm so stuck on my other blush. HAHA Great items girl. Do you use a particular cleanser? I'm using Cetaphil (which is great), but was thinking about trying Clinque, Clarins or Dior. Hope you have a great day.
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely! There's so much stuff out there to decide between. I like to keep it easy and awesome. Haha.

    I use Skinceutical's Simply Clean to wash my face. During the winter, I don't wash my face in the morning. Only evening with my Clarisonic. I've used many cleansers and that is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Clinique products and have confidence in them as I have used them for a long time. In the winter I carry in my bag a tube of L'Occitane hand cream. I also use Bed Head products but must try the After Party lotion.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I *was* going to go to bed before midnight. Then you got me all lost looking up reviews for every single one of these things LOL (also side note, I actually just bought the NARS blush for the first time, I think I adore it, though I assumed it was going to be a little more peachy for some reason). <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Sorry. ;) This crap is addicting! I know that NARS has another popular blush that is on the peachier side. But if you are looking for a good peach blush, MAC's powder blush in Peaches is awesome! I used that one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about the Clarisonic thingy that I should give them a try. As for Nars Orgasm, I've got to check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was introduced to the Clarisonic while working for a dermatology office, and I was convinced from my first use. I just like how smooth it makes my skin. Some of the kits even come with a body brush so you can buff the rest of your bod. I have yet to do that, but I've heard it's addicting. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heart by Clarisonic... and now I've added 80% of the rest of the items you listed to my Amazon Wish List - hahaha. Philip won't thank you, but I do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *my Clarisonic, that is. I've only had it a couple of months, but it's the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Uh oh. Sorry, Philip! ;) I know it can be an expensive habit, but good products do make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete