8.15.2013

{The Hi-Lo Vanity} Cleanser

I am a huge advocate of good skincare. I can be exhausted--we're talking zombie status--and I still go into auto-pilot to wash my face. (Makeup remover wipes have made this process much easier these days. I'll be sure to give a shout out to my favorites here soon. That being said, I don't wash my face in the morning. (Gasp! I know.) I have combination skin and have adjusted my routine to treat it accordingly (thanks to a lot of trial and error), but I do still have to combat blackheads and overall tone issues, so double cleansing can be way too much given the other steps I take in my regimen (such as exfoliating, treating breakouts, etc.). 

I prefer gel cleansers that remove makeup and refine pores, while still being gentle enough to use over my eyes and won't exacerbate areas of dryness or sensitivity. Here are my faves...
 
 
{Lo} Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser $8*
Hubs and I both use this product, and it's an absolute winner in my book. It's readily available (drug stores, big box chains, grocery stores, beauty supply), it's effective, and it isn't tested on animals. No harsh chemicals, dyes, parabens, sulfates, etc., and the salicylic acid is naturally-derived, which I find to be more gentle than synthetics (yet still powerful). 
 
{Hi} Skinceuticals Simply Clean $34**
This cleanser is awesome for combo skin. Hydroxy acids help exfoliate while botanical ingredients soothe, so it's the best of both worlds and is also great at removing makeup. If you tend to be pretty dry, this might not be your cup of tea (at least not during the winter), but that is probably true of any gel cleanser (some of the lotion-based cleansers may be right up your alley).
 
Your turn! What is your favorite cleanser? Do you save or splurge on skincare?
 
* Price as of publish date per Ulta.com
**Price as of publish date per Skinceuticals.com
I am not being compensated for any of this, and I will always give heads up if any posts are sponsored, so this is legit opinion and nothing more.

1 comment:

  1. I am a super fan of Simply Clean since you introduced me to it years ago, but it's way out of my price range. I haven't found anything comparable, so I'll have to try the Neutrogena one.

    Recently I stumbled across Dr. Bronner's soap, courtesy of Rachel. It's made of all organic oils, fair trade approved, and my skin has never looked better. The giant bottle is $16.00 at Target and will probably last me the rest of the year since so little is needed to clean. I would HIGHLY suggest using the fragrance free kind for your face because the peppermint is lovely, but their oils are no joke.

    Love this column and hearing all your awesome advice!

    ReplyDelete