1.11.2012

I'm 30 Today

I'm my blessed 30 years of life thus far, I have: fallen in love // traveled to Europe // performed on stage // graduated from university // lived on both coasts (and in between) // gained a father // lost my beloved mother // reconnected with a father // embraced my inner child // given my life to Christ // built up walls // let my walls down // learned to paint my own nails without going outside the lines // developed a special language with my brother // gained a sister // became an aunt // cried in public // gotten 2 tattoos // prayed on my knees // developed soulful friendships // been a ballerina // learned to cook // been moved to tears by sights beautiful beyond imagination // had my heart broken // seen God in my friends and family // broken my wrist // swam in several oceans // ridden a roller coaster // carried a gun // watched myself age // driven solo up the West Coast // bonded with an animal // swallowed my pride // dropped it like it's hot // never gone hungry, thirsty or without shelter // worn PJs in public // received immense grace // lived.

via

Today is a day of joy, of celebration, of reflection and of dreaming. Thank you for the love and encouragement y'all have given me thus far. It is truly such a gift. This Little Girl is beyond blessed. 

22 comments:

  1. Cheers to your beautiful 30 years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Natty! Welcome to the dirty thirty! I must note that I am very proud that I have been wittness to at least two of the things on your list. I can testify that you do drop it like it's hot, not lukewarm, but hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember ballerina Natalie SO well. Happy, Happy Birthday to you, My Friend. xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Not going to lie but your list kinda made me tear up. Just imagine what God has in store for you in the next 30. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great life you've already lived and I must agree with Janine, imagine what is in store for the future. Happy Birthday! Celebrate and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You give me chills..the good kind. Love you more than words. Happy Birthday sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Welcome to adulthood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Birthday to you!!
    www.misbbobochic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to someone who makes the blogging universe all the more classy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Natalie!!! May all your wishes, dreams, and hearts desires come true. Love Ya Girl! Enjoy! :D

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Thanks, Chicken. Miss and love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww. :) You're so right: God has big plans. I know he does for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Don Don. I have been so blessed to be able to make that list...and that's just some of the things I've done/seen over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Biscuit! (I sure hope adulthood is cool with pajama parties and quoting along to Alice in Wonderland in the wee hours of the morn'.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have liven a full and beautiful life so far! I can only imagine the great things God has in store for you. Happy birthday and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday, Natalie. I'm late to the party. At 30, you've lived such a full live. I remember a saying which goes something like this.... without sadness one would not know what happiness is. You have your fair share of it but I'm sure gained plenty of wisdom along the way. God bless!

    ReplyDelete