1.27.2012

Friday, I'm in Love, v.14 {Guest Blogger}

Today's guest post is from one of my dear bloggy friends, Amanda at Do I Even Like This? If you dig her picks (which you will, they're fabulous), be sure to check out her Hit Lists. But don't blame me if your wish list expands by a dozen items after you've done so. Just sayin'.

It's Friday and Amanda's in love with...

via

I've been on the hunt for something to keep snacks tidy in the depths of my handbag and this week, I've found it. These adorable cases from West Elm have a zipper (crucial) and can be personalized! Now just to decide, my name in a nice coordinating gray or a bright pop o' color?

via

The hubs has been away on biz this week and that provided the perfect opportunity to get some spin time in with tunes that I love but that aren't at the top of his hit list. If you missed Fistful of Mercy's debut when it was released last year, get thy download on promptly. Ben Harper + Joseph Arthur + Dhani Harrison = singer/songwriter love fest at its best.

via

I'm in the thick of it learning how to cook gluten free but, really, that's not nearly as important as getting some GF baking down so I've strapped my big girl pants on and taken the plunge with this recipe from Alton. I subbed Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF flour for Alton's mash up and the results were, I gotta say, pretty darn good. Me want cookie!

via

My fave mani/pedi girl (shout out to Ruslana at Juko -- if you're in Chi-town, look her up!) turned me onto this magical little pen. I am completely guilty of neglecting my cuticles out of sheer laziness but this pen makes it so easy. Just turn the crank, apply and push back for tidy, ladylike nails. Perfect for travel, it smells like heaven and it's vegan, too! What!? I know!

via

Just 'cause it's on sale doesn't mean it's not heaven, y'all. I picked this JCrew cardi up in heather gray and we've been spending a lot of quality time together of late. It is super soft, warm and just long enough in the back to cover my bum bum so it can be paired with leggings or jeans. For once, she who is shortest wins!

Awesome stuff, huh? I have a cardi similar to the J. Crew lovely above and it's probably my favorite in my closet. It's very snuggle-worthy, and woop woop for covering the bum. High five, shorty!

I'll be announcing a new giveaway tomorrow, so be sure to check back!

7 comments:

  1. Amanda BaumgarthFriday, January 27, 2012

    Thanks for having me, Nat! This was much fun. I hope you and your readers have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gals over at 'do i even like this' and that mani pencil sounds like just what my little paws need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU so much for playing! You've got great taste, yo. :) Happy weekend, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As do I! I have a mani pen that I've had for ages, but when it kicks the bucket, I'll be nabbing this one for sure. SpaRitual is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those little snack packs are such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGgggg lovely cardi - J. Crew has had me swooning at everything this week since they released their new arrivals for spring - what's a girl to do ? :P Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are definitely some tempting BUYS. haha
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete