2.02.2012

{Inspired Thursday, v.7} Guest Blogger: The Short and Sweet of It

Hi everyone! Kirby here, one half of The Short and the Sweet of It, a lifestyle blog I write with my blogger-in-crime Alexa Evans. I'm delighted that Natalie asked me to be part of her Inspired Thursdays series. Today, I'm sharing what inspires me to blog, so without further ado ...


We call The Short and the Sweet of It a lifestyle blog because once we started blogging we realized we were finding inspiration for posts anywhere and everywhere, and couldn't be limited to just fashion or just food or just, well, anything. Our little blog is almost two years old (eek!) and during that time we have definitely narrowed down our posts so that the majority of them are about ...

Travel: Wanderlust is a common theme on our blog. I've been to 12 countries and counting and can't get enough.

Fashion: I have over 5 years worth of Vogue issues saved under my bed and even more at my parents house, so it's not surprising that fashion makes its way onto the blog. Whether it's chronicling my fave looks from the runway or the myriad of fashion blogs out there or showing off my latest steal from Forever 21, I am always inspired by fashion.

Food: The beau and I love to cook, and we have been trying to eat at one new restaurant a week. With that said, we try to only eat out once a week, too, so I love finding recipes on other blogs and try to showcase my successful dishes on the blog.
 Design: My friends and I always say that we know we're getting older because we get as excited about a new lamp or pillow as we do about clothes. While I have shown snapshots of my own home, more often than not I post drool-worthy homes from all over the blogosphere.

Life: Sometimes I am hesitant to put my personal life on the blog, but the heartfelt comments I receive from readers whenever I write about my amazing family and friends - who are probably my biggest inspiration anyway - always makes me glad I did.

Love: You know how you know when a girlfriend has a crush because she finds a way to weave the guy's name into the conversation? I'm that girl, except we've been together 5 years and counting.

Thank you so much, Kirby, for sharing your bloggy inspiration! I highly recommend that y'all check these gals out. (Apparently this little girl has a soft spot for fabulous bloggy duos. But can you blame me?!)  

8 comments:

  1. The Short and the Sweet of ItThursday, February 02, 2012

    Thanks so much for having me!

    XX,
    Kirby
    http://www.theshortandthesweetofit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those on definitely on the list of things that inspire me to blog as well! Great to get to know the ladies behind the blog and I love The Short and Sweet of It :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorito daily reads -- it was so fun to get a little peak behind the curtain. Thanks for sharing, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. life is so wonderful. Family and friends is your world.
    http://www.samplequestionnaire.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. It's so neat to see how other bloggers are inspired by these things and what their unique tastes are. Such a fun community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my pleasure. I so enjoy their posts as well, even more so after Kirby's insight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Short and the Sweet of ItFriday, February 03, 2012

    Thanks for having me on here Natalie! Was fun to actually sit down and think about why I blog. And thank you for following ;)

    Kirby
    http://www.theshortandthesweetofit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so nice having you! I think you inspired us all to ponder this and remember why we choose to blog. So thank YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete