8.31.2012

{Friday's Fancies} Labor Day & a Kitty Dress

This little girl is very excited that September is just around the bend! While it's still a bit warm here in Texas, we have been getting a break from triple digits, and I dare say I've even found myself starting to get a bit chilly here and there. (I'm cold-natured, so really anything below 90 degrees means I'm probably looking for a blankie.)

We'll be out and about tomorrow, getting my hair did, shopping for some furniture for the new digs (hoping for some great sales), and visiting the lakehouse to plan evening lighting for the wedding. A day of running amuck necessitates an ensemble that is no-fuss, practical (hello, flats and satchel), yet cute enough to hang in Dallas. (Big D folks can be pretty fancy, y'all.)

Hoops // Bag // Polish
Dress // Belt // Sunnies // Flats

Quirky patterns like this can be really fun when paired with understated accessories. You've gotta rock that, "Oh yeah, these are kitties" confidence if you're gonna sport something like this. I'm a big fan of light and feminine dresses, especially while it's still a bit warm. (Naturally, a light cardigan is never too far away.) And I am of the mindset that hoops can make any outfit seem more pulled together yet easy-going...nevermind these babies cost more than my car. Casual, right? To balance the blush tones of this look, I'd pair it with my favorite nod to fall's impending arrival: OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark. (Let's be honest: this polish is tied for favorite with the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Winning combo right there, folks.)

Wishing you all a lovely weekend! Rock those kitties, y'all.

For more Friday's Fancies, check out all the lovely submissions over at {long distance loving}.

11 comments:

  1. Love your no fuss ensemble! And isn't it crazy that someone will actually pay that much for those hoops? Blows my mind.

    Also, THANK YOU for referring your sister to me!! I'm so excited to snap some photos for her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, for sure. I can't even imagine. And you are so welcome, sweet girl! I can't wait to see the images. :)

      Delete
  2. have a fantastic weekend. I love this look and that awesome prints. prints can really make something different and unique! Have a happy Friday and be sure to enter to win sponsorship on my blog! (ending tonight). BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend planned! Loving this outfit too :) Happy Friday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit.I love how fun the dress is. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great weekend!! i love your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously you know I'd love this little outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I thought you might dig the kitties. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love the accessories!! You know...I've never done a quirky print before. I may have to find one to "rock". The kitties are just too cute (^_^)

    Have a fabulous weekend,
    Nikell

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is adorable! Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. checked out the price of the hoops... you weren't kidding! those hoops are an investment!

    ReplyDelete