2.16.2012

{Inspired Thursday} Guest Blogger: Debby at Inspired Design


Images via

Hi, Everyone! It's Debby from Inspired Design and I'm thrilled to be visiting the adorable Natalie today. She has such a way with words, don't you think?

Lately I've been wondering if my heart is ever going to be whole again. For those of you that read my blog, you already know of my pending divorce. I'm good, truly. However, the years leading up the divorce caused my heart to slowly break apart one piece at a time. You know the movie, The Notebook, where Noah tells Martha Shaw, "Now, you know that I want give you all the things that you want, right? But I can't because they're gone.... They're broken." I totally relate. I'm Noah.

What I've decided is, that it's o.k. that my heart isn't whole. It doesn't have to be. Perhaps in time it will be. For now I will tend to it. I will look after myself and try to put the pieces back together. I've already taken the first step when I made the bold choice to walk away from a relationship that neither one of us was happy in. My heart is in my care now, and it's a good feeling because I know no one will look after it better than myself.

Do you believe that some people are wounded so deep that they never completely trust their heart to any one's care ever again?

Deb, thank you so much for sharing so candidly what is on your heart and how you've been inspired to pursue your new normal on your own (with your kiddos, of course). I have seen with my own eyes God's ability to heal and renew the hearts of those so broken and seemingly abandoned by love. It's not an easy road, but you've taken the steps, you have faith, and I believe that your heart has not seen its last love, whatever form that may take in your journey. 

What do you think, readers? Any advice or words of encouragement you can offer from your own journeys?

13 comments:

  1. Natalie, you are an absolute doll! Thanks so much for having me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your heartfelt note at the end of the post. Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, when my Dad passed away, I thought for sure that my mother would "lose it" and never be herself again. I was wrong. After some healing, she learned to move on and live her life as Ann Marie (alone, with 3 children). I am sure there will always be missing piece, but there are always the memories of the good times. Just remember, that you will be making new memories everyday, and they will eventually heal your broken heart (at least some of it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. All I can say is that time heals all wounds. And you have to remember that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Everything happens for a reason, and if anything, hopefully you've learned from this experience to take with you on your next life adventure! Focus on the future, and don't let the past hold you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Debby. Love how candid she is about her divorce. Takes a strong woman to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no doubt the beautiful spirit of Deb will learn to fly again. Hearts heal, they may be different but that's okay. Keep it open. Love Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debby thank you for introducing your readers to Natalie ... great blog!

    Debby , when life sends us detours and we find our lives in transition... the unknown is scary ... but with each passing moment and as we continue to believe, have faith... things become less scary...and we take a look at how the person we were and life we had no longer seems to fit -day -to day. As we create the new us the new life ... our hearts too are created again... much wiser and stronger. And though it may seem like it won't/can't open up ... it's because it is saving itself for one that will truly deserve it... The best is yet to come for you my friend... xo Blessings..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing so openly and putting something I'm sure many of us of felt into such perfect words.

    I'd say from my own experience, your heart heals with time. But there's also this tiny piece that might be bit harder than it was before, a little less trusting, a bit more cautious. And things will happen that trigger this hardness to come up and make you question, or pull back. But if your conscious of it, you can breath deep and let those feelings pass.

    How courageous of you to leave the familiar and open yourself up to happiness and better things in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, there are many things you will face as you move through your life which will alter you forever. You definitely can have a broken heart and never get over it. What you do, however, is learn to face reality head on. You will recognize what is not good for you, even though it/they might be fun, and you will leave it behind because you have grown emotionally and spiritually. You will also find that there are lots of things that are not worth your time (people too). Don't worry, circle your wagons until you feel safe...don't invite anyone in who doesn't live up to YOU. I know you're special and you don't need to include anyone/anything that doesn't recognize this. Sending love, my precious friend.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I disagree. I don't think time heals all, it is what you do with the time. Don't let your past predict your future. Find your new you first and if you get the opportunity to find love again, let yourself go there if your heart wants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post, Debby. It takes such strength to do what you did. Take this time to heal and put that loving heart back together again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have great faith that one day Debby will love again. She's so lovely, has so much to give, it would be a horrible loss if she didn't. So she will :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debby......I think you are feeling raw from the pain of living in an unhappy relationship for a long time. It will take time but I believe with all my heart, your heart will be whole againa and probably sooner than you think! I have seen it happen many times and often when you dont' expect it.
    I applaud oyu for having the courage and strength to make this decision and now that your head is clear, you will no doubt start to build back the mountain that crumbled under you. You will rise again, high and majestic....I have no doubt, you are a beautiful person inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It takes a certain courage and strength to be able to bare your soul publicly. I hope in time, the pain may subside a little and perhaps you'll be able to find someone who will love you the way you deserve to be loved.

    ReplyDelete