2.20.2012

Vegas-bound!

Today I am heading out for Vegas, baby! Granted, it's a work trip, but my company is putting us up in a really nice hotel on the strip, so good times will still be had. Honestly, I'm really looking forward to the evenings in my hotel room. I love me some hotel rooms. And I like to imagine I'll have some silly gorgeous view at which to gaze whilst wearing a big white robe, fuzzy socks, and sipping a beverage.

via

I've been to Vegas quite a few times, actually. Some good, some bad. But I have to admit: I'm a bit nervous about this trip. I've been struggling with materialism and wanting all the live long day. And while I know I can't bury my head in the sand to battle through these misguided desires, I feel like I am walking into the lion's den, so to speak (not that big MGM lion...he's pretty fabulous), in that this city is all about opulence, spending, shiny new fancy.

Thankfully, I'm not much of a gambler. My idea of gambling consists of $40 max (...for the week), low-bet Blackjack tables and/or video Poker (Holla, Biggie!), chatting with tablemates and enjoying a cocktail or two over the course of a few hours. High roller, right? Look out!

My heart is in a very different state since my last trip to Vegas, thank the Lord. But instead of living in fear (a crisis of faith, to be sure), I am going to enjoy this free trip that God has sent my way, enjoy some of the truly beautiful sights the city has to offer, bond with my co-workers in attendance, and lean on Him if/when I start to feel tempted to spend all my dollars and behave like a goober.

Cheers to a goober-free week, y'all!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I haven't been to Las Vegas as a an adult but I'm sure it's easy to find temptation around any corner! Hope you have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good and productive trip! Vegas comes with it's trapping but there's so much more to the town that gambling. It holds a special place in my heart since I was married there (not by Elvis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun Natalie! I went to Vegas for a work trip a couple years ago with just my boss and I was really wishing for some other co-workers. Vegas for more than weekend is just way too long - especially when you're mostly on your own and not a gambler (which I'm not either!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time in Vegas. I went when I was a little girl and spent most of the time at the hotel with the other kids who were also part of the tour group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are gambling soul mates. I can make the same $20 keep the slots entertaining for hours. I try to enjoy the people watching (after all, not many uses for sequined shortie dresses at home) and try to avoid the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brynn {chartreuse & a twist}Tuesday, February 21, 2012

    I hope you are having so much fun!!! A big white robe, fuzzy socks and a swanky hotel room {all at your company's expense} sounds pretty wonderful :) XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Britt @ The Magnolia PairWednesday, February 22, 2012

    Have a great trip! That sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip! I am not much of a gambler either however, give me a pair of shoes and I'll drop all kinds of money. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have an awesome time this weekend! It's okay to indulge in a teeny tiny bit of temptation but try not to go too crazy :)

    ReplyDelete