9.07.2012

{Friday's Fancies} Back to School

I miss college. I do not miss high school. But I miss college. I had tremendously awesome college experiences. (Yes, plural. Three collages, three states, degree in four years. Good times.) I long for spanky new school supplies and assembling the perfect first-day ensemble. For me, comfort is key. If I'm wearing something fussy, my discomfort will be abundantly apparent (by either my tripping, groaning, or sour expression).

I liked to arrive early to class (shocking), sit near the front but off to the side (preferably near a wall on which I can lean), and feel confident that I looked cute but covered. (No classroom was ever above 45 degrees in my undergrad experience. Except that time I got heat stroke in pottery class. That's all I have to say about that.)

Studs // Watch // Messenger Bag // Blouse
Denim // Glasses // Ring // Oxfords

Confession: I miss my glasses sometimes. I am uber thankful for the gift that is Lasik, but I was totally one of those weirdos who didn't mind the way she looked in glasses. Especially when thinking about school, I have fond memories of dark bookish frames and messy ponytails with bangs. (I guess folks would be none the wiser if I just wore prescriptionless frames, huh? Interesting.)

This outfit pretty well captures the mismash of styles I tend to favor: classic and polished, edgy but cute, trendy yet age-appropriate, and comfy while pulled-together. I'm really digging the oxford trend, y'all. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I wanna.

What fall trend are you flirting with? 

Check out more of the Fancies over yonder. And big thanks to {av} as always for hosting us!

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree I miss college too. It was awesome. Great picks and since were not in school anymore it would be a perfect outfit for running weekend errands. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss carefree college days but not the exams!
    The cobalt blue trend is one I'm drawn to and I love the top here with denim. I love all the berry tones for autumn too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder about getting lasik sometimes, and if I would miss my glasses! I've worn glasses pretty much every day since the fourth grade (minus a few years where I was heavily into contacts) and I wonder, if I got lasik, if I would feel sad about not wearing glasses anymore! I love my big, bold frames... but maybe never having to scramble to find my glasses because I feel blind would be a nice trade-off?

    ReplyDelete