2.21.2010

Inside the Actor's Studio

Today I had the supreme honor of giving my first interview as an actor (er, as anything, really). Matt Mungle, a local film/entertainment critic, invited me to be a guest on his show (The Mungle Show) to talk about my career and get my take on The Biz. It was so much fun! I have dreamt of being interviewed since I was a kid. (No joke. I'd sit in my room and practice my attentive nods, making sure to project ease and likability. Giving a good interview is a fine art, one I have doubtfully mastered despite my years of practice. But I do get an "A" for effort. Always a good student.)

In the course of answering questions about my acting career spanning twenty-something years, I realized that this industry has (for better or worse) constituted a big part of my life just as much as (if not more than) many aspects of who I am. This may seem pretty obvious to some of y'all, but I guess I just never really connected the dots. It's such a tempestuous relationship, one that you can hardly count on from moment to moment, but it is nevertheless worth fighting for. It would have to be given my commitment to it.

I will be sure to post a link for the interview on my website when it's available. In the meantime, I'm closing out this lovely Sunday with some Olympic hockey, "The Lovely Bones," and The Food Network. Living the dream, folks.

6 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats on your interview girl. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Can't wait to see the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What will you tell him is your favorite swear word?

    (is it wrong that I find James Lipton extremely attractive?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Does this mean you've 'made it' in the Biz then? Next stop, Jimmy Kimmel? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I would love to see the interview! Woo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume we'll get to see this when it airs? Do you know when?

    ReplyDelete