2.09.2010

Tough love time.

Dear Self,

What are you doing? What. Are. You. Doing.

I realize things are a little rough as of late, but you cannot just go off the deep end.

You don't even like chocolate that much. In fact, you don't really have a sweet tooth to speak of. (Cupcakes and tiramisu are awesomeness, for sure, but in calculated moderation.) But lately? Any and all chocolate bits put in front of you are disappearing. Fast.

The wine? Well, that's good for you. Besides, we're all allowed one vice. (Well, one culinary vice. At a time.)

But chocolate. Seriously. You don't even taste it half the time. In fact, I'm pretty sure you swallowed the majority of that bag of M&Ms you devoured just a minute ago. Swallowed them whole, for sobbing out loud. What's the point if you're not even going to savor and enjoy it? I mean, you could have had a whole Grab Bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos for the same calorie exchange.

Please. For the sake of your sanity (and your ass), lay off the hardcore milk chocolate noshing.

Here's hoping,
Natty

4 comments:

  1. I just pounded an entire throw back Dr. Pepper. The one made with REAL sugar. I think that we should join SEA (Sweet Eaters Anonymous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!! I had hidden the leftover chocolate chunks from when I made brownies in the upper most cabinet, but for some reason they have now migrated to the coffee table in front of the couch. I'm blaming gnomes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I had something more creative to say than, you crack me up...but I don't...and you do. And I say embrace the chocolate and walk it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo the tiramisu, now that will be gone in .2 seconds if put in front of me. and the chocolate. they are my weaknesses. And thanks for my comment over on my page, i really wish i could meet all of y'all tonight. Hopefully in March or April it will work out.

    ReplyDelete