1.12.2012

Polka Dots, Checks and Stripes

While I may swoon over Parisian fashion, it has become apparent that I am an All American Girl when it comes to style. (This is one of the benefits of Pinterest, in my estimation: nothing like realizing the patterns of your own taste when you see a board littered with pristine, white interiors and layered, textured outfits.) While I believe that most Fashion (with a capital F) is derivative of European design, there is a distinct swagger to styling in the states that I just adore. I think it's the mix of classics and comfort that get me all twitterpated.





All images via Pinterest

Ok, so the plethora of black and white here no doubt screams Paris, oui? But coupled with denim, some well-chosen statement accessories and gently tousled hair, you've got yourself a look that will make those amber waves of grain sing with pride...even if you're still jonesing for a baguette and fromage.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Birthday Girl! I am loving the striped tees that are out and gingham tops (in beautiful colors). I use to runaway from a stripe. hahaha Great selection Nat!

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you Natalie. My wardrobe is all stripes, polka dots, and gingham:) Love each of these examples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did too! But I've learned that stripes can be super chic...as long as they aren't around my bottom half. Haha. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Anna! I feel like these prints are so timeless, too. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the black and white, stripes, and polka dots! I'm always attracted to a striped sweater or tee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo great shirts! I'm loving the polka dot blouses :) Can't go wrong with them. Cute blog, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! Stripes look so classic and chic, even if the garment itself is on the casual side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Tasia! Polka dots are super cute in my book too. I really want to track down that black and white blouse above!

    ReplyDelete