3.09.2012

{Friday's Fancies} Spring Break

Still feeling a bit under the weather and far too pensive to blog it out just yet, creating a look for this week's Friday's Fancies is just the reprieve I needed. This week we're welcoming Spring Break, which is funny considering (a) it's raining and overcast as can be here in Fort Worth and (b) I haven't had a Spring Break since 2004. All the more reason to bring on the breezy outfits and lively colors, I say!

Sunnies // Scarf // Tank // Hoops // Bracelet
Tote // Skirt // Belt // Flips

I'm a neutrals girl at heart, y'all, but this look incorporates just enough color to put a little spring in my step and makes me long for a visit to So Cal. (There's something very centering about being on that coast, overlooking the waves and hearing the pelicans carry on. Hints of home for me, really.) I opted for a few weightier accessories--a washed leopard print scarf and chocolate brown weaved belt--to transition between seasons, while keeping everything else light and airy.

13 comments:

  1. Tiffany @ Savor HomeFriday, March 09, 2012

    Love this outfit! So light! We actually chose the same color palette for FF! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna_schneiderFriday, March 09, 2012

    It's super nasty here in Austin too! UGH! A++ on the round up this week. I am loving it all...so fresh and fun!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your look. such pretty colors

    xx :: ashlyn
    let it be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. HerlatenightcravingsFriday, March 09, 2012

    Love the pastels and that long skirt! We participated in Friday's Fancies too (#83) and would just love it if you stopped by our blog. Hope you have a great weekend!! We are happily following you via GFC!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that Spring break season is upon us already. the first 2 months of this year have really flown by. I like the sweet sorbet colored outfit you paired with the neutral accessories. Perfect for a beachside jaunt!

    I totally like checking out what other people have in their purses as well. There's actually a group on flickr dedicated to bag content pics :)

    Happy weekend Natalie!
    rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your soft color choices! Light, airy & super cozy looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color choices- beyond perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colors! Very breezy and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the maxi skirt paired with the mint top! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww hope you feel better! I love the outfit you put together! Especially the coral mixed with the minty green! Fabulous color combo! :) Love it all!

    Hope you have a great weeken!
    Nicole Rene
    http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too like my neutrals but Iove your spring colours here. I'm really drawn to mint - however I've just arrived home with a very pale lilac tee shirt. All I need now is some better weather!!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pastels and that long skirt! We participated in Friday's Fancies too (#83) and would just love it if you stopped by our blog. Hope you have a great weekend!! We are happily following you via GFC!

    ReplyDelete