6.11.2013

Where Feet May Fail

I feel like I am drowning, y'all. I won't belabor a full post with the details, but I'm feeling a bit run over and overwhelmed. I am keenly aware that we are not supposed to be comfortable in this life, that this isn't the Paradise we are promised. I have been so insanely blessed and experience so much joy, but sometimes the waves of disappointment and weariness feel like too much to bear.

Thankfully, I don't have to bear it. Not really. My God already did. And every day that I can get through, impossible as it may seem, I can bring glory to Him, knowing He will sustain me. I wish I could say that I experience such storms with grace, but that is hardly true. I'm a mess. I again see my sinful, selfish heart, and fall to my knees wondering how He can love me as much as He does. But He does, indeed. Having M by my side to wipe the tears and tenderly support my meltdowns is daily proof of such love.

via Pinterest

Tonight Hillsong United is in DFW, and we're so thankful to be going with a group of friends. I am sure there will be many, many tears (like, ugly cry), and I know my heart will be overflowing with joy. It's perfect timing. I shouldn't be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment