8.08.2013

{The Hi-Lo Vanity} Perfect Pink Polish

I've only recently given my nails the TLC they deserve (and by that, I mean that I've stopped chewing on them like a pup going after a pig ear), and while I tend toward darker colors or seasonally-appropriate hues, my corporate job calls for a more conservative palette. Really, I don't mind too much, because classic, manicured pink nails really do look quite lovely. 
 
 
{Lo} Wet N Wild Megalast in Sugar Coat $2*
Without a decent top coat, you're probably looking at about a day-and-a-half of chip-free nails. But the color is really nice, and the brush is actually pretty sweet, too. Reminds me very much of its Hi counterpart, and the price is hard to beat.
 
{Hi} Essie in Ballet Slippers $8**
Very rarely do I buy the same color polish when I run out (or when the bottle gets gloopy on me), but several bottles of this timeless shade have graced my medicine cabinet shelves over the years. It's the perfect color pink, and Essie hasn't messed with the formula on this one, so it's as lovely as it's always been (unlike another fave pink of mine which has never been the same since one beauty brand decided it needed a facelift...I won't mention any names, but their initials are O.P.I.)
 
Your turn! What's your favorite pink polish? Do you splurge or save on nail products?
 
* Price as of publish date per CVS.com
**Price as of publish date per Ulta.com
I am not being compensated for any of this, and I will always give heads up if any posts are sponsored, so this is legit opinion and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment