2.10.2012

Friday, I'm in Love, v.16 {Guest Blogger}

Today's loves come from Emily over at The Best of This Life. Her elegant lifestyle and food blog is chock full of delicious gluten-free recipes, ideas for entertaining, lovely inspiration and stories from her own life. Her posts are heartfelt and uplifting, and she's got a tremendous eye for design and layout. Basically, it's the bloggy equivalent of a breath of fresh air. (Her "Essentials" posts are some of my faves.) I hope y'all enjoy her loves; I know I did!

Thank you Natalie for having me on your lovely blog today. I'm honored to be here!

It's Friday and Emily's in love with...
Bright colors, writing love letters, and classic jewelery.

This week has been rather snowy in Ottawa, Canada and there's nothing like pops of juicy colors against a white backdrop to make a girl happy and away from the Winter-blahs. Thank goodness Spring is just around the corner, bringing with it stunning brights and beautiful pastels.

via

I'm totally in love with the colorblocking genius from Madewell's Spring 2012 Look Book. Because I'm still wearing a 3/4 length down jacket, knee high fur lined boots and a wool mittens, I'll be waiting a few more months to sport these stylish looks.

via

What that doesn't mean, is that I'll be waiting to start the color splashing; Chanel's Spring nail polish comes in the freshest hues and I'm very smitten about April, May, and June, which I'll be wearing in February. Aren't they pretty?

via

When I spot a timeless piece of jewelry that I feel I will love forever, I get genuinely excited! I do enjoy playing around with statement pieces, fun accessories and trends, but classic is my favorite. This gunmetal link bracelet by OIA JULES is just that. A beautiful bracelet that can be worn alone or stacked, with so many different outfits. Oh, and you can't beat the price!


I've always been inspired by the paintings of Mark Rothko. Especially his works of large forms, layers of color, and simple abstract expression. This season, I'm especially taken with this one using orange and cobalt together. That color combination is really spectacular.


Do you like to getting mail? I'm in love with writing notes, thank you cards, and love letters - and I don't mind getting them either! I would consider it a long ago art form and an amazing gift in this day, when someone takes the time to write you. What a happy moment it is to open the mailbox to find a special envelope waiting for you. These darling Queen Bee note cards by Crane Stationary caught my eye, because of their cheerful pink and adorable gold engraving.

And that's what I'm falling for right now! I hope you like my roundup and enjoy a spectacular Friday! I would love to hear what you are in love with today?

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh I Love those Chanel colors! Perfect for Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they?! I'm not usually a fan of bright colors, but just looking at Emily's post is making me happy. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun when blogging worlds collide. I love Emily's blog and love your blog so, poof! Heart overflowing with Valentine's blog love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm pretty jazzed about it myself. I love when I see a guest blog on one of my faves and realize it's one of my bloggy buddies. Haha. Happy weekend, A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday Natalie!!! I'm in love with Emily's selections! I love that Chanel nail polish. I so want! HAHAHA And that stationery is divine! :D Excellent taste. Both of you ladies have an awesome weekend!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Natalie for having me today!! I had such a blast selecting the things I'm in love with right now. I'm telling you, a girl needs all the color around this time - it's positively grey weather here (and brrrr...) - it lifts my spirit just looking at something bright! :) Hope you have a fantastic weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your picks Emily! And hi Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely! All the vibrant colors floating around the blogosphere right now are great for my winter mood. I think I need a coral blankie at work or something for a pick-me-up. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete