5.10.2012

Missin' You

Yesterday marked two years since my dear mama's passing. In some ways, it feels like just yesterday that we were dancing in the living room to Beyonce (when we were supposed to be cleaning house), yet it also seems like a lifetime ago that I saw her sweet face and felt her embrace. (It's tough to beat a good hug from your mama.)

However, the Lord has shown me such grace and mercy over the last few years. Well, he's showered me with grace and mercy my whole life, but I was too stubborn and prideful to rest in it. (Breaks my heart to think of the time I missed with Him.)

My family and friends are amazing, y'all, and they have loved on my brother and I--and each other--so thoughtfully. I received many texts and emails yesterday, sharing thoughts and prayers and well-wishes. A very sweet friend sent a lovely bouquet, while another sent a precious card that brought a smile to my face. I got word that two of the chickens stowed away under Pops's truck to join him in visiting the gravesite. (True story.) My sweet man surprised me with a massage, dinner, a beautiful yellow rose, and a request to share Mom stories/memories throughout the evening.


Not a day goes by that I don't think about her or recall a funny, silly little moment shared together that makes me giggle and tear up at the same time. She left such an incredible impression on all who knew her, sassy and sweet to the end. Such a blessing to have witnessed the portion of her life that I did.

I can't wait to see her again. To catch up and see her smile, angelic even before she was called home. There's so much to look forward to, and I'm thankful beyond measure for the earthly family that God has blessed me with to take this journey. 

8 comments:

  1. Natalie, I had chills all over reading this. I'm sure this is a difficult time for you, but it's so wonderful that you have such supportive friends and family. I love that you can look at the time you had with your mom as a blessing and be thankful for it. That's a beautiful thing. I'm sure when you meet again it will be a glorious reunion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, what a beautiful post to honor your mother. I cried while reading it because I am so incredibly close with my mom and can't imagine losing her. I am so sorry for your loss. It's nice that you have those wonderful memories to comfort you in your times of sadness. And it sounds like you have an incredible support system which I'm sure helps every day. What a sweet hubby you have to plan such a lovely evening. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    xoxo,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so sorry for your loss, but i am happy that you are trying to honor her. im sure she is proud of you and smiling right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, it sounds like you were so close. But it's really great that you have such fun memories with her. My best friend just lost her mother last week and I understand how terrible it is. I'm so sure she'll be so happy to see you again when you next meet :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written post. And what an amazing man you have in your life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on my reading. This made me cry and smile all together. I love you. I'm so incredbily grateful I knew your amazing mother...and I'm in awe of the way God works even when we can't understand the why. I can't believe the difference two years brings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up on my reading. This made me cry and smile all together. I love you. I'm so incredbily grateful I knew your amazing mother...and I'm in awe of the way God works even when we can't understand the why. I can't believe the difference two years brings.

    ReplyDelete